|Rosedale, Full Time, Accounting
|Please Quote Reference Number 82314
Qualified Accountant with CA, CPA or similar membership
Parental Leave contract - up to 12 months
Be part of a growing and dynamic team
WHO ARE WE?
Tactical Solutions is an established defence and security company specialising in a wide variety of products including apparel and uniforms. We are in a stage of rapid growth with lots of exciting opportunities. We take our role as a lead supplier to government, law enforcement, defence, correctional, security and EMS organisations seriously. For over 20 years we have followed advancements in protection and security equipment to ensure that the professionals who depend on us are best equipped and well informed. We have maintained strong relationships with the world's leading developers, making sure that breakthrough technologies are available to our clients throughout Australasia and the Pacific. We have listened to our clients, sourcing solutions that genuinely respond to their unique requirements. To this end we have become known as leaders for the supply of defence and security equipment.
WHAT'S THE ROLE ABOUT?
Due an impending parental leave situation, an opportunity has arisen at our Auckland Head Office for an internal accountancy role, assisting with all aspects of the Company's accounting processes, including preparations for month end reporting and support for the Financial Director.
In addition, Tactical Solutions has an ongoing major Government project which has a significant impact on this role:
- Assistance with budgeting and forecasting, in consultation with Senior Management
- Assistance with filing GST returns
- Coding, inputting and reconciliation of bank, trade finance loan balances and credit card statements
- Contributing to any process improvements within the business to ensure the accuracy of data flowing into the company's accounting system in a more efficient way.
- Ensuring entries of invoices and expenses into the company's accounting system are correct
- Payroll and PAYE matters - entering and processing wages and commissions within payroll systems
- Preparation and interpretation of regular financial reports including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with local accounting / tax requirements
- Preparation of monthly consolidated invoices for customers.
- Preparation of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Aging Report including resolution of queries
- Provision of accurate advice and informed decisions in terms of the Company's accounting needs
- Responsible for processing of various transactions into the company's accounting system
- Setting up monthly payments or as when payments are required
- Other duties such as web sales refunds, reviewing Gift Card Certificate Account, and reconciling the Items Returned Not Credited Account
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Project monthly reporting and invoicing including journal entries to apportion project related expenses and the preparation of supporting documents
- Project monthly commissions calculation and invoicing
- Project budgeting assistance and comparison to actual results
The key attribute required for this role is an understanding of all aspects of accounting within a medium sized enterprise. In addition the person we are looking for needs to display the following key characteristics:
- A recognised tertiary accounting qualification with a CA, CPA or similar membership
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team but be self-motivated and independent as well
- Articulate and able to use clear concise diction and vocabulary. Excellent written and spoken English is a must
- Attention at all times to company policies and procedures, including security practices
- Clean Police check
- Constant attention to all relevant Health & Safety requirements, both personally and for other staff, customers and visitors
- Experience in using the Oracle NetSuite program would be ideal, but is not essential
- Full understanding of standard accounting principles
- Good computer skills, including an excellent grasp of Microsoft Excel (including Pivot Tables) and Word. Power BI experience may also be useful
- Good time management
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic, friendly and positive attitude
- Openness to change as the business evolves
- Personable, professional demeanour and appearance at all times
- Well organised and methodical with keen attention to detail, and with good analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to adhere to work processes in a proactive manner
If this is you, and you are looking to join our team to cover this parental leave vacancy then please apply below. In addition to the normal recruitment questions, we are keen to understand your level of financial and accounting competency, and get a feel for any experience you may have in similar roles to this in the past.
|Please Quote Reference Number 82314